Hello,

I would like to know the status of the UTF8 support in MySQL 4.1.

I tried to create a table using utf8 charset, and inserting hebrew text into it. it seems like it still treats this text as binary - for example the length() function returns 8 on 4 chars string, or when cretting a column using varchar(4) i can only insert 2 letters to it.

So few questions:
1. Do you plan to support utf8 at this level, with all the string functions working properly with utf8 (my first impression was that thats what "utf8 support" is..).
2. What about fulltext search on UTF8 strings?
3. Is there any target date for releasing a stable version of 4.1?

Sagi