Hey all,

I was trying to compile, test and install MySQL-4.0.13. Compile went
well and it was configured with --with--innodb --enable-assembler
--prefix=/usr and nothing else. However when I make test it goes through
to create, passes that then stops for 30 seconds and give the error that
the '[dir_stuff]/master.pid file was not created in 30 seconds;
Aborting.' and the test dies. It's compiled on RedHat 9 if that makes a
difference. I'd like to be able to get by this error and make a full
test before moving on and would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Jamie