Hello Andrey,

Friday, July 11, 2003, 7:28:27 PM, you wrote:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/SELECT.html
The LIMIT clause can be used to constrain the number of rows returned by the SELECT
statement.
LIMIT takes one or two numeric arguments. The arguments must be integer constants.
If two arguments are given, the first specifies the offset of the first row to return,
the second specifies the maximum number of rows to return. The offset of the initial
row is 0 (not 1):
To be compatible with PostgreSQL MySQL also supports the syntax: LIMIT # OFFSET #.

A> Hello

A> I have a following question:

A> I have a table with thousands of rows which i need to show in a String Grid ( I use
Borland Delphi with MyDac component which implements MySQL interface).

A> If i make a query
A> SELECT * FROM tbl WHERE col1="something",
A> it can cause retreival of 10,000 records and my program will just eat all the
Windows resources and die :)

A> So i need to retreive first 1000 of rows, then on user's request, next 1000, etc.

A> If i use SELECT ... LIMIT 1000, it just retreives first 1000 of records, which
doesn't resolve my problem.

A> Any ideas would be highly appreciated!

A> Thank you,
A> Andrey

A> PS. Please respond to my email address directly, as i am not able to subscribe to
the mailing list.

--
Best regards,
 Krasimir_Slaveykov                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]