Ive searched the archives, read the books front to back, still haven't
gotten a solution, hoping someone can help here. mysqld has been running
great for me on my RH 6.2 for 6 months. I just did something and screwed
up my tables (I went in and changed a few, ok 200 tables to type BDB from
MyISAM without modifyig in the config file to handle BDB. The filenames
in /var/lib/mysql still have extensions .MYI. For some ungodly reason I
went to restart mysqld and ever since then it just hangs on me.

I ran myisamchk and --recover. My mysqld came up once for a brief while
then I hosed it again trying to access those tables. Right now when
I fire off mysql from init.d it says it starts but sits ay good old 97%
cpu usage and does nothing. Nothing reported in the error log either.

SO my dream and desire is to somehow just get the dang
thing back to how it was when I installed it, just the default,
test database. What can I manually move out of the way to get my
daemon back running so I can at least begin to do recovery? Thanks

Ryan