Hi all.

I have a MyISAM table ( MySQL-4.0.13) that will get truncated every month, and around 1,000,000 records imported into it. The import process consists of a 'load data infile' operation, followed by some updates to extract data and dump it somewhere where it is easier to access ( in the same table ).

The problem is that each time I do an import, soon after I get 'error 127 from table handler'. Sometimes it is while selecting, sometimes while updating. Sometimes it is *in* the import process ( after the load data infile step ). I haven't been able to pinpoint exactly what triggers it.

I know how to 'fix' the error 127: run myisamchk. But instead of dodgy it up after the thing has crashed, I'd rather find the cause. Anyone interested in helping me help them find the cause? I could try InnoDB ( and probably will since we need this up and running soon ) but I'd still like to get the issue fixed.

Any takers?

Dan