Hello all,

After changing RAM and the ethernet card of my DB server, the problem of getting
frequent:

Database error (error code 102)
Could not connect to database server (Lost connection to MySQL server during query)

Still occurs ;/

I've tried to eliminate all factors (like multiple servers, load-balancers,
replication etc) so I have wrote a php script that only does the following:

- opens db connection
- does a simple select
- closes db connection

If I refresh this page over and over, every 6-7 times I get the above error.
Anyone have any further solutions, ?? I've tried the software (re-installing
mysql, upgrading, etc....) and tried the hardware (RAM, ethernet card). Nothing
seems to help.

The DB server is Linux Redhat 7.3 with the 2.4.18-3smp kernel. I am running
MySQL standard 4.0.13

Thanks

--
Keith Bussey