In the last episode (Jul 16), Jonathan Villa said:
> I've installed MySQL on Linux more than a few times... so I got the
> process down... however, now I am trying to install on FreeBSD.
>
> This what I am doing...
> 1. tar zxvf mysql...freebsd.tar.gz -C /usr/local/mysql
> 2. cd /usr/local/mysql
> 3. ./configure (just to get the message)
>
> I get the following...
>
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libc_r.so.4" not found
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libstdc++.so.3" not found

Are you maybe running FreeBSD 5.something?  You'll need to install the
compat4x package (pkg_add -r compat4x) if you want to run the binary
mysql distribution, since it was compiled on 4.x.

Either that or install mysql from the FreeBSD ports tree, which will
give you a native 5.x binary.

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]