Hi All,

I am managing a small database and some of the tables
need to be strings of an average length of about 2,000
characters.

I decided to use the text datatype to store this
information knowing that the upper limit is about
65,000 characters.

However, the system crashes when the user tries to
enter about 2,000 characters. I checked the
max_allowed_package and net_buffer_size variables and
they are both set to 1MB.

Could you please advice me on what to look for or what
to change in order for the system to work as it is
supposed to be working?

Thanks in advance.

George