Hello,

Think that we have a database named DATABASE1, and table named TABLE1, and fields named FIELD1, FIELD1,FIELD2,FIELD3,FIELD4

You want to give a specific permission to a user named USER1

For ex, you give only SELECT permission to USER1 for FIELD1 and FIELD4 in TABLE1 and DATABASE1.
and you did not assign any other permission to USER1.

Now everything is OK! USER1 can only select FIELD1 and FIELD4, and can not see data or change or etc.. to FIELD2 or FIELD3..

So we think that everything is OK! But, USER1 is still able to see the table structure of TABLE1. He see fields which i don't want him to see!

As i searched internet related to this topic i couldn't find any satistfactory solution to this one.

Anyone has idea to prevent USER1 to be able to see table structure and only permission to SELECT FIELD1 and FIELD4 as i assigned?

Also there should be some default error message for these users when they try to select from another field. why? Because if my  first question gets answered and solved, then, USER1 can try to SELECT FIELD3 FROM TABLE1.. .and it will say something like "you have no permission for FIELD3"
insted of this, it can be "This field does not exist"..

Thanks.
QWERTY