Hi Aaron,

that would need to be accomplished in 3 several steps I believe.

1) Add the prurple option with an ALTER command
2) REPLACE Blue with purple
3) ALTER the enum type again (remove blue option)

While I dont understand the meaning/background on this it might be a good idea
to keep the value blue as it contains information such as that you know which
data record was orginally meant to conatin the value "blue". Onceyou
converted all to purple you will not be able to retrieve this information
anymore.

Best regards

Nils Valentin
Tokyo/Japan

2003年 7月 18日 金曜日 06:49、Aaron Blew さんは書きました:

--
---
Valentin Nils

 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]