Hi All,
        I have a database consisting of 2 tables.
 patient_info ( Patient Information ).Looks like
lastname VARCHAR(10)
 fname VARCHAR(10)
 ssno  INT(9) PRIMARY KEY
 ID    INT(4) AUTO_INCREMENT

 patientins_info ( PatientInsurance Information)

 insco VARCHAR(10)
 insid VARCHAR(10)

 I want to create chart number based on :-
 2 characters of (lastname)+2characters of
 (fname)+(ID)
 ( So according to my understanding I will have to
 generate some kind of composite key ).

 Also, this chart number will be my primary key in
 all
 patient insurance database. Since I am fairly new in
 database area, I don't know much but I think I will
 have to define some kind of references/foriegn key
 relations. My database type is MyISAM.

 Please advise.

 Thanks,
 Girish