From: Cory Lamle [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 2:40 PM
To: MySQL LIST
Subject: SQL Syntax

Contents are Direct Alliance Corporation CONFIDENTIAL
-
How do you type check in mysql.  I have a column of type varchar(20) with
both floats and strings.  Is there a way to check the type?

Example:
            Select
                        If(is_float(col1), 'is a float', 'not a float') as
type
            From table

Thxs
Cory
This message is for the designated recipient(s) only and contains Direct
Alliance Corporation privileged and confidential information.
If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete the original.
Any other use of this email is prohibited.