From: Lin Yu [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 24 July 2003 05:22
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Q: DB creation

Situation:   I just installed MySQL 4.0.14 on my Windows XP, the very first
time. The server daemon seems started running well. Now, I want to create a
new
database. However, in the WinMySqlAdmin 1.4 tool, upon right clicking, in
the
dropdown list there are no "create database, create ..." items, only "flush
table, flush ..." items.  So I could not create a new database, nor tables.

Question:  (1) what could be the problem? -- could that be certain
configuration
problems? And (2) any suggestions to overcome/resolve it so that I could
start
creating new database and tables?

Many thanks!

Best regards,