Anyone know if there is a way to defeat the new format for the
timestamp that appears in 4.1 alpha?

I upgraded a MySQL install on a development box that holds a copy of
our production data.  I quickly saw that the timestamp format was
changed from:

20030520124559   , to:
2003-05-20 12:45:59

For better or worse (worse at the moment), I have a large app that is
(unfortunately) dependent on the old format...blows up in many places
without it actually.  Anyone else in the same boat?  Any thoughts
about this dilemna, other than to say the app should not have been
built to be dependent on the old format?  :-)

Rob
-