Barry,

On Thu, Jul 24, 2003 at 11:22:28PM -0500, Barry Hayden wrote:
> I have to admit I am very much a newbie at MySQL in general (but I'm
> working on it).
>
> I have a fairly complex (for me) query that I am trying to complete
> using php. I can't get it to work, and I'm sure it's just in the way I
> am phrasing the MySQL part of this. The premise of this is a four
> question form that acts as a search engine to draw the appropriate
> information out of the db. If anyone could help I would really
> appreciate it. Here's what I have.
>
> <?php
> $conn  = mysql_connect($server, $user, $pass);
> $select = mysql_select_db(realty, $conn);
> $sql = "SELECT Realtor, HouseAddress, Bathrooms, Bedrooms, YearBuilt,
>         Garage, Location, Basement, Info FROM properties
>         WHERE Bathrooms =='".$a."'", "Bedrooms =='".$b."'", "Garage
> =='".$c."'",
>         "Basement =='".$d."'";

Use = for equality tests in MySQL, not == like in most programming
languages.

Check for errors with mysql_error().

> $result = mysql_query($sql, $conn);
>         while ($record = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)){
>             while (list($fieldvalue) = each ($record))
>             echo $fieldname.;

I'm not sure what the point (.) is doing here.

Check for error messages in the webserver logs.

>         }
>         if (mysql_num_rows($result) ==0){
>       echo "Sorry, no matching results.";
> }
> ?>

Regards,

Fred.

--
Fred van Engen                              XB Networks B.V.
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                Televisieweg 2