On Friday 25 July 2003 1:05 pm, Kenneth Illingsworth wrote:
> I cannot seem to find this in the MYSQL Reference. Are there other places I
> should check?

It's a syntax error.  A quick Google
(http://www.google.com/search?q=mysql+error+1064) would have found it for
you.

> The message text in my log started out with 'You have...'.
> But, it was truncated and I could not see the rest.

It would have been saying "You have an error in your SQL syntax near....

> It occurred on a
> submitted insert statement originating in an application.  The insert
> statement works ok directly on the MySQL server.

It would appear that the application is generating the INSERT statement
incorrectly.

HTH!

David Precious
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/