> We have a very large MySQL database, and the designer of the database no
> longer works for us.  I need to re-create the same table structure, but
> without the content, on a separate machine.
>
> I know I can do a show tables on the existing db, and also a describe on
> those tables, so I know what the table structure looks like.  I am trying to
> avoid having to re-type the create table statements for each table.

SHOW CREATE TABLE tablename;

This can also easily be done from the MySQL Control Console.  Tools > Show
Create > Execute will generate the necesary CREATE TABLE statement.

A question for anyone else:  Is there a means of using SHOW CREATE TABLE that
will return CREATE TABLE statements for every table within a database?