HI,

I am using the latest MySql on a Windows 2000 platform and connecting to the
database using Perl's DBI.  All works fine.  My question is how best to
write a SQL SELECT statement that will extract the data in the format that I
want.

I have two tables one that contains all the customers information and the
second table contains the items that are ordered by the customer ( they both
have the order_numbre is each table).  My select statement--shown
below--works fine for a customer that orders a single item, but fails when
more then one item is ordered.  It will print the customer information
before each item ordered.  What I want is to print just the customer
information once, and then print each item ordered by the customer after
that.  Any help is appreciated.

TIA

Trevor

my $sth =$dbh->prepare("SELECT
miva_orders.order_number,DATE_FORMAT(miva_orders.date,'%c/%e/%Y'),miva_order
s.credit_card_type,miva_orders.shiptype,miva_orders.bill_name,miva_orders.bi
ll_company,miva_orders.bill_addr1,miva_orders.bill_addr2,miva_orders.bill_ci
ty,miva_orders.bill_state,miva_orders.bill_zip,miva_orders.ship_name,miva_or
ders.ship_addr1,miva_orders.ship_addr2,miva_orders.ship_city,miva_orders.shi
p_state,miva_orders.ship_zip,miva_orders.email,miva_orders.phone,miva_orders
.sales_tax,miva_orders.shipping_amount,miva_items_ordered.part_number,miva_i
tems_ordered.quantity FROM (miva_orders,miva_items_ordered) WHERE
miva_orders.order_number=miva_items_ordered.order_number");
        $sth->execute();
 my $i=0;
while (my @array  = $sth->fetchrow_array()) {
                 for ( $i = 0; $i <= $#array;  $i++) {
                                print PARSED $array[$i] . ( ($i >=$#array) ?  "\015" :
"\t");
                        }
}