Hello all,

I am working on a book on MySQL, and I need some assistance with deciding
where some concepts should be dealt with.

1. I have dealt (briefly) with primary keys and indexes in a chapter called
"MySQL DML". I have not discussed foreign keys in this chapter.

2. I would like to discuss foreign keys and indexes in detail further down
in the book.

I am confused as to how to break up this information. Is it better to deal
with primary keys, foreign keys and indexes all at once, in a single
chapter, or break it up into two, one dealing with primary/foreign keys and
the other with indexes.

The issue is confounded further (at least for me) by the fact that mySQL
seems to require an index on both primary and foreign keys, and the manual
suggests KEY as a synonym for INDEX. Are the concepts of "key" and "index"
distinct or not?

Any thoughts would be most welcome :)

Thanks,

Vikram