Hello List,

this is my first posting here so plz do not flame me too much if my question
marks me as a total noob.

My problem is, i play around a bit with mysql (4.0.13) and want to test the
Replication. The Documentation at http://www.mysql.com says i have to do the
following:
Stop databases - done.
Build tarball of data and bring it on slave - done.
Modify my.cnf - ???

Here is my problem. There is no my.cnf existing on my machine. Maybe its
called different with the newer version? Or can it be considered empty and i
have to build a new one? But if i have to, in which directory would i do
that?

Maybe someone can give me a kick in the right direction.

Bernd

--

One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them.
One OS to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them