Thx for the answer, found it myself too:

Am Montag, 28. Juli 2003 14:22 schrieben Sie:
> Build the file and put it in your C:\>..  You are not given a my.cnf
> file if you build from source, if you had used the binary file, it came
> with about 4 of the files and you just pick one and modify it and then
> save it in your C drive....

Ok, i work on Linux, so there is no C:\.
But i found a my-sample.cnf in the mysql-directory/share/.
Modified it and copied to /etc, works fine.

thx,

Bernd

--

One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them.
One OS to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them