I use mysqldump to dump my databases to file.
I then write these files to tape.

I was doing a test restore to a test server this weekend and found that
for my largest database, I cannot restore from this file.

I use mysql < backup.script

It runs for a long time and creates most of the tables, but eventually
comes up with a syntax error and stops processing the file.

I have two questions:
How do I get around this ? The error message is:

ERROR 1064 at line 78631: You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that
om:vml\"\r\nxmlns:o=\"u

This data is xml data stored in one of the fields. If mysqldump created
the syntax surely it should process back in correctly ? There's no way I
can edit 2GB of incorrect entries in order to correct them.

Secondly, how can I make the restore more fault tolerant ? If one call
fails to continue with the next one ?

Thank
Ciao
Herbert