I'm about to dig a bit deeper into Celko's articles
and love the idea of nested sets. Still trying to pull
some time to start implementing this myself.

Anyway, I don't really have an answer for you but you
might want to take a look at PEAR::DB_NestedSet, as it
sounds very able to work with nested sets. Even if you
are not using php I'm sure you can pull some ideas
from the code.

PEAR::DB_NestedSet
http://pear.php.net/package-info.php?package=DB_NestedSet

Hopefully someone has some good insight :). I've read
several articles explaining nested sets. but not much
about working with them efficiently.

olinux