Excellent are there any doc pointers describing how to set this up?

/Joe

Jeremy Zawodny wrote:
On Wed, Jul 23, 2003 at 04:47:35PM -0400, Joe Gainey wrote:

Currently we have a web based application that is mostly reads (4:1 r/w). It is using a single MySQL database server. Is there any way to have two database servers in a master/master configuration such that writes to either database server are replicated to eachother. Basically even though we have a 4:1 ration of read/write the writes happen often enought that when the database goes down the app stops working. I know how to get this working in Oracle (insert big laugh here) but Oracle is cost prohibitive. Any pointers? Any suggestions? If this is available in the latest version that would be great.

You can do it, yes.

But beware that MySQL has no provisions for conflict resolution.  So
using auto-increment fields with primary keys (for example) can be a
problem because of the inherent race condition.

Jeremy