Hi,

I have a database with 5 teams and each team has 'n' categories and each
category has 5 sub-categories.

i.e TeamOne = Ottawa, Category 1 = Player Name, Sub-Categories = Goals,
assists, ppg, gwg, points.

Team0ne
        Category 1
                Sub 1
                Sub 2
                Sub 3
                Sub 4
                Sub 5
        Category 2
                Sub 1
                Sub 2
                Sub 3
                Sub 4
                Sub 5
Etc.

>From the examples above I am trying to add the all the sub-categories
together for each category for each team in descending order.

To put it simpler - I want a total of all the goals scored for each team
and display them in descending order. I have been able to put a query
together that gets me the totals, but I can not get them in decending
order.

The query below is in a for loop in PHP and cycles through each team and
does give me the totals, just not in descending order (actually the
order is the way they are numbered in the database);

$query = "select team.name, sum(goals) from roster join reference join
team where team.idn=reference.idn and reference.idp=roster.idp and
position = 'F' and team.idn = 1 group by team.name";

Now the query here may not be the problem, but the way the for loop
works, but any help is appreciated.

TIA