Thank you for pointing that out Kaarel you saved me some time.
I wonder, Patric, if you ever read the source code of the OS you are developing for or if you ever read the source of the compilers you use because it is most likely that there are bugs and following your argumentation: "a feature is there but you have to reimplement it every time you write an app because you are resposible as developer for the propper working of the app" you'd have to check all this. But you don't because you expect these things to work as documentet. If I use a RDBMS which supports foreign keys I expect the developers that they have red the theory and standards about it and having them implemented. Because adding a feature to an app and saying - if any problems occure - "was just a trail you have to reimplement it" is imho absurd.

best regards
Stephan