> Dear Ladies and Sirs,
>
> can anyone give me a hint please, if it is possible toimport
> data data from a zipped File, without unzipping it before.
> I'm using MySQL 3.23 on a LINUX System. I guess it is
> possible using a 'named pipe' and 'funzip' , but I don't lnow how.

I've used Perl and the Archive::Zip module to grab a text file form
a zip file and use it to populate a database.

I write mine to a temp file but there might be a way to do grab it
into a variable and process it straght up instead of wiritng to a file but
If it's very big youmay not want to do that.

I'd check our search.cpan.org for Archive::Zip and do it in Perl!
Check out [EMAIL PROTECTED]

HTH
DMuey