David,
Is it possible to cause the client to wait by the server issuing a
SLEEP? What if the client just disconnectes and immeadiately reconnects?
Say you use a sleep of 2 seconds. If your server can accept 100
connections at once then 1 client can issue 100 login attempts and wait
2 seconds for the result and then do it all again. I don't think there
is a way out of this problem. I would be interested in other answers.
Regards,
Andy.