Dear Mysql-help,
I am new to mysql server and trying to install the mysql server on my
windows xp home edition. I have downloaded 4.0.14 zip file on my computer.
I can unzip the file and it generates 10-15 files. When I do double click on
the setup.exe it loads for 5 seconds and then stops. No window is displayed.
No error message is generated.
I thought may be I should try some other version. I downloaded older version
4.0.13 and same thing here. I downloaded 3.23.57 and same thing here.
I am logged in as administrator. I can install other softwares without any
problem. Can you please suggest any thing I should try to install the mysql
server.

Thanks very much for your help.
Ashish