Hey,

having trouble running mysqlcheck from a script. Running 4.0.13 on Linux. I can run the following command:

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck -u root -p -A -a -m -v --auto-repair > /var/log/mysql/check_tables.log

from the command line, plug in the password at the prompt, and everything works. When I put this exact command into an executable file, and add the '=[pswd]' argument, I get an access denied error message:

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck: Got error: 1045: Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES) when trying to connect

p.s. I've used this exact method on mysqldump, and it works.

Any suggestions? Anyone have a mysqlcheck script that they run via cron?