Thank you for the information about LIKE and equal.

I have another question.

What is better/quicly 50 simultaneously query/update at the same time from
50 different users or 50 simultaneously query/update at the same time from
one user?

Thanks for your information in advanced,

eli

> At 16:53 +0100 8/5/03, eli wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a question about using LIKE or equal.
>>
>> I mean, comparing two strings with exact coincidence, without case
>> sensitive, which is better? Or are they the same? Do they work equal?
>>
>> For Instance.
>>
>> "abc"="abc"
>>
>> Or
>>
>> "abc" LIKE "abc"
>>
>> I use Mysql 4.0.12.
>>
>> Thanks in advanced.
>>
>> Eli
>
> Functionally, the two expressions are the same. In terms of efficiency,
> the "=" operator's probably somewhat better than LIKE.  You can try
> checking this for yourself as follows:
>
> mysql> select benchmark(10000000,'abc' LIKE 'abc');
> +--------------------------------------+
> | benchmark(10000000,'abc' LIKE 'abc') |
> +--------------------------------------+
> |                                    0 |
> +--------------------------------------+
> 1 row in set (2.60 sec)
>
> mysql> select benchmark(10000000,'abc' = 'abc');
> +-----------------------------------+
> | benchmark(10000000,'abc' = 'abc') |
> 1 row in set (2.09 sec)

SetFile                                                 DATABASE FACTORY

- Aplicaciones a Medida en FileMaker Pro ( Windows y Macintosh )

    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    <www.setfile.com/es>    TEL 93 238 56 00

             FileMaker Inc es miembro del BSA ( 900 211 048)
                        SetFile - FSA Partners