From: Robert Morgan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, 11 August 2003 12:21 PM
To: mysqllist
Subject: Fw: Mysqld dead subsys locked

----- Original Message -----
From: Robert Morgan
To: mysqllist
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 1:50 PM
Subject: Mysqld dead subsys locked

Shut down my Linux PC running MySqld and rebooted this morning and cannot
get mysqld up. In services when I click on mysqld I get the message "Mysqld
dead subsys locked" when i restart the server it says mysql succesfully
restarted,  but it isnt. When I try to stop the server it comes back with an
error message "failed to shutdown". So I rebooted and during shutdown-
shutdown mysql.............failed and- mysql killall...............failed.
Anyone have any ideas as to how I can sort this? would a reinstall of Mysql
work? would I lose legacy data doing this?

Bob