Thanks Roger for quick response.

Herebelow the structure of my table and query.

CREATE TABLE npg_search (
   sno int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
   fileid varchar(255) NOT NULL,
   caption text,
   headline varchar(255),
   specialins varchar(255),
   keywords varchar(255) NOT NULL,
   cat varchar(50) NOT NULL,
   byline varchar(255),
   credit varchar(255),
   source varchar(255),
   date date,
   city varchar(100),
   state varchar(100),
   country varchar(100) NOT NULL,
   orgtransref varchar(100),
   copyright varchar(255),
   extratxt text,
   prints tinyint(4),
   extrastr varchar(255),
   bylinetitle varchar(255),
   addedon timestamp(14),
   PRIMARY KEY (sno),
   INDEX (fileid, keywords, cat, country));

As shown columns fileid,keywords,cat and country are indexed.

Query is:

Select * from table where keywords like '%blah%' or caption like '%blah%'
or headline like '%blah%'  or cat like '%blah%'

Please help me out.

Binay