Hello, I recently managed to corrupt a table pretty badly. I read the sections in the documentation about recovering after a crash. None of the methods worked. All give output similar to the following:
% bin/myisamchk -t ~/tmp -f -o BROKE/EventsBROKE
- recovering (with keycache) MyISAM-table 'BROKE/EventsBROKE.MYI'
Data records: 101333504
bin/myisamchk: error: 127 for record at pos 0
MyISAM-table 'BROKE/EventsBROKE' is not fixed because of errors
Try fixing it by using the --safe-recover (-o) or the --force (-f) option

% bin/myisamchk -t ~/tmp -e BROKE/EventsBROKE
Checking MyISAM file: BROKE/EventsBROKE
Data records: 101333504   Deleted blocks: 86920613
bin/myisamchk: warning: Table is marked as crashed and last repair failed
- check file-size
- check key delete-chain
- check record delete-chain
- check index reference
- check data record references index: 1
- check records and index references
Illegal instruction

The mysql server version is fairly old, 3.23.54 but unfortunatly it can't be upgraded. The table that is corrupted is large... in the range of 14GB.
I couldn't find a reference to this error in my searches, so I apologise if this has been covered before, but has anyone encountered these problems before? And more importantly, were you able to fix it?