Eben.

Yes, use a character based data type as the leading zero's are insignificant
and will be removed.

HTH
Kev.

E-MAIL DISCLAIMER: The information in this email is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone
else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. All information provided, including but not limited
to, quotations, system specifications and suggestions concerning hardware/software
(and services) configurations are strictly subject to our standard terms and
conditions of business, copies of which are available on request.