How did you create user mark?

BTW, after issuing a grant you must issue "flush privileges".

Check out mark in the user table in the mysql database. There's your problem!

On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 12:24 PM, Mark Healey wrote:

I'm trying to learn to use mysql.  I don't want to mess with the
system databases so I decided create a database and user to play
with but I can't seem to do it right.

I logged in as root and created a database

mysql> create database marksstuff;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

I then granted priveleges to mark

mysql> grant all on marksstuff.* to mark identified by 'password'; not the real password
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)

I then logged out and tried to login as mark

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mark]$ mysql -u mark -ppassword
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (Using password: YES)

What am I doing wrong?

Mark Healey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

This account is only for lists to which I've subscribed.
Any spammers invite the worst revenge I think I can get away with.