Hi Guys,

I have 2 queries:

select * FROM kcs_threadgroups AS t1, kcs_threads AS t2 WHERE
t2.manufacturer='DMC' AND t1.thread_index=t2.id ORDER BY t2.type,
t1.groupName

Using the explain command (explain select.) I get:

+-------+--------+---------------+---------+---------+-----------------+
------+---------------------------------+
| table | type   | possible_keys | key     | key_len | ref             |
rows | Extra                           |
+-------+--------+---------------+---------+---------+-----------------+
------+---------------------------------+
| t1    | ALL    | NULL          | NULL    |    NULL | NULL            |
286 | Using temporary; Using filesort |
| t2    | eq_ref | PRIMARY       | PRIMARY |       4 | t1.thread_index |
1 | where used                      |
+-------+--------+---------------+---------+---------+-----------------+
------+---------------------------------+

select * FROM kcs_threadgroups AS t1, kcs_threads AS t2 WHERE
t2.manufacturer='DMC' AND t1.threadType=t2.type ORDER BY t2.type,
t1.groupName

Using the explain command I get:

+-------+------+---------------+------+---------+------+------+---------
------------------------+
| table | type | possible_keys | key  | key_len | ref  | rows | Extra

+-------+------+---------------+------+---------+------+------+---------
------------------------+
| t1    | ALL  | NULL          | NULL |    NULL | NULL |  286 | Using
temporary; Using filesort |
| t2    | ALL  | NULL          | NULL |    NULL | NULL | 2067 | where
used                      |
+-------+------+---------------+------+---------+------+------+---------
------------------------+

With the second query, I am getting over 77,000 results returned and
with the first query I am getting 2067 - the correct amount.

The only differences between the 2 is that in the first I have  WHERE
clause t1.thread_index=t2.id and in the second I have
t1.threadType=t2.type

I need to have the WHERE like the second query but for the life of my I
have no clue why it is returning over 77,000 results.

Can anyone help guide me to get the results of #1 but with the WHERE of
#2?

Thanks so much!

Aaron