Hi MySQL fans ;-),

I tried to get some experience with converting between the different password
formats as describd here:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Password_hashing.html

So I took this sample

mysql> UPDATE user SET Password = OLD_PASSWORD('mypass')
    -> WHERE Host = 'some_host' AND User = 'some_user';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

modified it a bit and found out that sometimes it would not let me do this
with an logical operator like = but instead wants LIKE or RLIKE.

I am using 4.1 alpha , so it is possible hat this is a bug of course. Does
anybody have similar experience ?

mysql> UPDATE user SET Password=OLD_PASSWORD('mypassword') WHERE Host like
'localhost' AND User like 'root';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 0  Changed: 0  Warnings: 0

mysql> UPDATE user SET Password=OLD_PASSWORD('mypassword') WHERE Host rlike
'localhost' AND User rlike 'root';
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.24 sec)
Rows matched: 1  Changed: 1  Warnings: 0

See that finally the RLIKE worked. So Ia m a bit confused now as I would have
expected the LIKE function to work, but perhaps this is a special case  ??

Any reply appreciated.

--
---
Valentin Nils