hello

for mysql_create_db() use mysql_query() and give an
SQL Statement ("CREATE DATABASE XYZ") as an argument.
the same for mysql_drop_db ("DROP DATABASE").

for mysql_connect: use mysql_real_connect.

the same is valid if you are using the Ruby MySQL
Modul. but it is very easy to extend the Ruby MySQL
class with a create_db function

require "mysql"
class Mysql
    def create_db(db)
        query("CREATE DATABASE #{db}")
    end
end

see
http://www.rubywizard.net/ruby-mysql.html

the Ruby API is similar to the C Api, but developmet
time is faster. so if you do not have to use C maybe
you should consider Ruby. there is also Ruby/DBI
ruby-dbi.sf.net

Markus

 --
Hello again...