Hi,

I'm running mysql version 4.0.13 and trying to create a temporary table
from a php script. For some reason, even though I have the permission
set up correctly, I can't seem to create a temporary table from the
script. The permission say that create_tmp_table_priv=Y for the user in
my connection code below. I have no problem creating the temp table with
the same sql syntax directly in the mysql command interface and no
problem creating a regular table using php?

The sql I'm trying to execute is in the following code"

$dblink= mysql_connect('localhost','pi', 'plant') or die ("<P>Problem
with My SQL connection.</P>\n") ;
mysql_select_db('plant_inventory') or die ("<P>Problem with connection
to the database: plant_inventory.</P>\n");

$sql = "CREATE  temporary TABLE tmpInventory ";
$sql .= " SELECT * FROM inventory WHERE 1=0;";
$create_tmp = mysql_query($sql) or $err=("temp table not created");

Any ideas why this might be happening?

Anya Miretsky
Computer Technology Dept.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden