Hi Team:

I've found a bug in the example presented in the Official MySQL Manual in the section 9.1.15.6 A Simple Embedded Server Example. I tried to compile the program following the instructions depicted in the manual and a compiling error arose. The error was:

gcc -g -W -Wall -I/usr/local/mysql/include -D_THREAD_SAFE -D_REENTRANT -c -o test_libmysqld.o test_libmysqld.c
test_libmysqld.c: In function `db_do_query':
test_libmysqld.c:125: `res' undeclared (first use in this function)
test_libmysqld.c:125: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
test_libmysqld.c:125: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [test_libmysqld.o] Error 1

I came back to the program and I realized that in the function db_do_query the variable res was declared within the if block, so it's out of scope when it is called in the statement: line 125: mysql_free_result(res);
A simple movement of the declaration line to the beginning of the function solve the problem.

Regards

Vladimir

--
BSc. Vladimir Espinosa Angarica