Hi All

I have to run this to dump the database

mysqldump -u root -pPASS --opt database > database.tmp

Is there anyway I can hide the PASS is a file ? I was trying to put it in
/root/.my.cnf as this

[client]
password = PASS

That seems to be not working. I am not sure if mysqldump even reads that file.
The only option worked for me is putting the password in a file /root/.pass and
chmod it to 000 and then run this

mysqldump -u root -p`cat /root/.pass` --opt database > database.tmp

However I don't like this option because it tells you where the password is
residing. I need to put this in cron so I don't like the option of showing the
filename

Thanks

--
Asif Iqbal