At 16:18 +1000 8/18/03, Chris Nolan wrote:
Hi all,

Here's one of those damned annoying "what if" questions for everyone.

If I have a transaction that performs INSERTs or UPDATEs on a bunch of
tables, some InnoDB and some MyISAM, and after performing a bunch of
modifications on each I issue a ROLLBACK, does the fact that a MyISAM
table is involved in the process cause any problems with the ROLLBACK at
all?

MyISAM isn't transactional, so operations performed on the MyISAM tables during the transaction won't be rolled back.

Any definitive answer either way would be appreciated, as I have just inheritted the codebase from hell to either maintain or redo parts of (redo would be appreciated, so all bagging of the above approach is invited!)

Regards,

Chris

--
Paul DuBois, Senior Technical Writer