On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 04:10:12PM +1000, Chris Nolan wrote:
> Thanks. :-)
>
> On another note, do you automate your sig in some way?

Yup, I use mysig:

  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/mysql/mysig/

But I havne't posted the code yet.  Hmm.  I've been meaning to do that
for about a year now.  Bug me again in a week and I will.  Really. :-)

> And, more importantly, does the access of the MySQL server to
> determine the quoted statistics count as one query or more than one?
> :-)

I think it counts as two.  Lemme look.

Actually, it's three.  It's really just a dumb Perl hack that pulls
the data from SHOW STATUS (to get the numbers) and SHOW VARIABLES (to
get the version).

Ah, scew it.  I've posted it.  I was in the code anyway.

But there are no docs or anything...  It's not really worth
documenting.

Enjoy.

Or not.

Jeremy
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  |  http://jeremy.zawodny.com/

MySQL 4.0.13: up 17 days, processed 883,416,942 queries (583/sec. avg)