I've used a lot of Oracle, some MS Access and I'm newish to MySQL. I
found it easy to write an abstraction layer for Ms Access and Oracle
despite their different approaches to some important things. I find
MySQL very sparse by comparison and I spend more time working round the
db than working with it. Unlike Oracle the richness and integrity of
language is simply missing - these people have lived without something
as useful as sub-queries for a long time. (The argument being that speed
and data integrity are all-important). It's more a file system than a
relational database. I know you asked about books rather than a
comparison of the products, but the software philosophy is reflected in
the documentation. If someone else pays you to be an Oracle Dba then I
bet you have at least a 10 foot shelf of comprehensive documentation.
This list is about as good as it gets (see your previous response).
There is a PDF copy of the manual somewhere and setting up MySql was
accompilshed by a colleague who wouldn't have known where to start with
Oracle, so it has that in its favour.

So, if you're thinking of migrating, think carefully! If I could get
Oracle to give me a sensible price (say USD 1000) to sell their db with
my product I would be out of here so fast. So far with mySQL i've
written my own database for a particular (simple) structure that it
wouldn't handle to my satisfaction; I've written my own date/time
routines to calculate things like seconds between 2 datetimes (despite a
wealth of datatime functions, this one isn't available unless you
convert to 'Unix' dates which expire in 2036) and I've written functions
to handle the fact that in 'C' all data is returned as strings rather
than as native data types. Sigh.
- Andy