From: Landers, Jason [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2003 10:57 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Cache problem in 4.1

My web site is pulling from several tables that don't change all that often
and seems to be an ideal candidate for query caching. I tried to enable it
by copying the my-medium.cnf to /etc/my.cnf and restarted the service. From
my query editor I typed SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'QUERY_CACHE_TYPE' and it
returns ON which is exactly what I want.

I then executed several queries from my site but none of them are being
cached. They're just plain SELECTs in most cases, any ideas why the DB won't
cache them? Do they have to be executed several times first?

When I try and check Qcache_queries_in_cache I get an empty set, likewise
for Qcache_not_cached... so it's not caching any and it's not not caching
any

        JAson