I am having another problem with replication in mysql 4.0.13. The
slave server crashed and upon re-starting there was a new relay-bin
log file created and the old relay-bin log file remained. MySQL,
however seemed to be stuck on the old one. The slave reported to be
running fine according to the command SHOW SLAVE STATUS, but there is
definitely an inconsistency in the data between the two servers.

Is there any way to tell MySQL to process the other relay-bin files?
I have tried using CHANGE MASTER TO to change the relay log, but then
I get the error that the position doesn't exist in the new log. When
I change the position to 0 it flushes the logs and deletes all of the
relay-bin files.

Also I would like to find a better book for MySQL. I have MySQL
second addition by Paul DuBois which is fine for most administrative
duties, but I need to know more of the inner workings to solve
problems more efficiently when they arise.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ed

[EMAIL PROTECTED]