I have noticed the binary distributions (OSX) are not complied for SSL which is exactly what we need to have for our database transactions using the cross-platform product Navicat.

*Source-distribution*

I have gotten as far as having to edit the "configure" file and change the library from "libssl.a" to "libssl.dylib" as the preinstalled library of OpenSSL on OSX Server does not have the library by the file name of "libssl.a". This solves the problem of building w/ SSL support, if you don't the configure program dies stating it can't find OpenSSL.
So that's great, it continues on and then dies at the point of creating and working with a file "BU.in" which I can't figure out.

Can some one please help me with identifying what the configure application is triing to do. I can't find any indication to "BU.in" in the source-distribution.

The last lines of config output are:
---------
config.status: creating man/Makefile
config.status: creating BU
config.status: error: cannot find input file: BU.in
---------
I am using the compile options specified using gcc 3.1 for the binary-distribution according to the INSTALL-SOURCE file.

./configure CC=gcc CFLAGS="-O3 -fno-omit-frame-pointer" CXX=gcc CXXFLAGS="-O3 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -felide-constructors -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti" --prefix=/usr/local/mysql --with-extra-charsets=complex --enable-thread-safe-client --enable-local-infile --disable-shared --with-openssl

Thank you, Chris "Computer Dude" Johnston