Jon Drukman unknowingly asked us:
Antony Dovgal wrote:

try to use error_reporting(E_ALL); and to see what happends.
maybe error logging will help you to solve your trouble.
I don't beleive in such bugs, it's a problem of your code imho.

here's my code:

mysql_connect() or die("mysql connect failed: $php_errmsg / " . mysql_error());

that one line in a script all by itself will fail randomly with no error message. still think it's my problem?

anyway i changed it to mysql_connect('localhost', 'username') and that seems to have straightened it out. i need to wait a few more days to see if it pops up again but over the last 24 hrs it has been ok.

I feel, that it does not always assume localhost. I assume that you're using Apache.

There's no point $php_errmsg. I think you're being connected as [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Try finding how you're connected using the MySql CURRENT_USER() function.

Also:

<?php

error_reporting (E_All ^ E_NOTICE);
$con = mysqk_connect ("localhost","uname","") or die(mysql_error());

?>

Try supplying all three arguments to mysl_connect().

--
[ Rajesh Kumar ]