* Robert Morgan
> Hi, is it possible to link databases within mysql?

I'm not sure what it means to "link databases"...

> I have a
> access database that I need to import into mysql this db consists
> of 4 other dbs linked together sharing a common switchboard. Can
> I link the tables in one db to tables in another db?

You can query multiple databases within a single SELECT statement:

SELECT db1.table1.field1, db2.table2.field2
  FROM db1.table1
  INNER JOIN db2.table2 ON
    db2.table2.field1 = db1.table1.field1
  WHERE
    db1.table1.field2 = 1 AND
    db2.table2.field2 = 2;

In the above statement, the table "table1" in database "db1" and table
"table2" in database "db2" are linked together.

--
Roger